Friday, November 02, 2007

P.S.

P.S. - Thanks for reading this whole letter, even though it was really long-winded and not very understandable. I know I have the tendency to divert off-topic sometimes, and in a letter it is more difficult for me to remain laconic. I hope it's not too annoying for you and you get at least a little bit out of it. You are a great person to have read all of the pages without merely skimming through them or skipping them entirely. I'm sure you can assist me in these matters without too much trouble. I really do appreciate your help in these matters, and I eagerly await your response.

P.P.S. - I just realized I forgot to write a letter to go along with this P.S. I hope it makes sense anyways and you're still able to help, because I'm totally done writing.

P.P.P.S. - That letter doesn't make any sense at all. I just read it. There's no way I'm sending this out to you, so don't bother reading it. Thank you.

P.P.P.P.S. - I changed my mind. I've written the body of the letter. It follows:

Dear Sir (or Madam),

Please read the following P.S. remarks and tell me if they would be fit to publish in your magazine P.S.: Snippets from the Ends of Letters. I have worked hard to create P.S.'s that stand alone in their brilliance while also supplementing the letter they go to. Here are a few ideas I've had that I feel would truly help your magazine's readership in their enjoyment of their bimonthly perusal:


[editor's note: 281 paragraphs excised for length]

I have many more P.S. remarks on their way, but I thought I would send a small sample first. You're welcome. I await your reply.

Sincerely,

JS


P.S. - XOXOXO.

No comments: