Sunday, November 11, 2007

For Sale Only

So, I began to watch the film 1408 today, and found the following image looking back at me:


I was confused. "Am I allowed to watch this film?" I thought to myself. "Or must I go out and attempt to sell it?" The message seemed quite clear: in order to get any use out of this film, I would have to sell it. Unfortunately, I had rented this film from Hollywood Video, and would have had to answer to them if I sold it. I thought that perhaps I should take the matter up with them, since they clearly rented the film to me, and did not sell it as they should have. Ultimately, however, I decided to watch it. Who ever took the advice of a screen that appears for only two seconds before the film even begins?

1 comment:

John D. Moore said...

Huh. You rented it, you say? Sounds sketchy.