Friday, November 02, 2007

Pandora -- New Music

I know I was introduced to this a long time ago, but I haven't begun actually using this very cool internet radio until recently. It allows you to name a band (or bands) that you enjoy, and it proceeds to play similar sounding music from various artists, including the one you named. The system they use to determine the validity of a song based on your song choices is quite incredible. I rarely get a song I don't like, and when I do, I simply click on the 'thumbs-down' icon and I never get that song again, nor any songs similar.

I have been introduced to many new artists through this device, and it's also the best free internet radio I have found available. It never cuts out on me and keeps me with the type of music I like. I've set up a few different channels based on what sort of music I may be in the mood for, and I'm able to keep good songs of certain types on their respective channels. I highly recommend this for anyone that's allowed to listen to music at work, or that likes to listen to music while browsing the internet.

No comments: