Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mormon Adz

I have known for a long time that there were some reworked New Era ads that were done by Divine Comedy, but I have been hesitant to actually look into whether or not they were actually funny since, quite frankly, Mormon humor generally tends to make me nausious (case in point: The Home Teachers - I still feel like vomiting just thinking of that movie). However, I stumbled across these so-called Mormon adz online today, and found myself laughing out loud (which rarely happens when I'm reading something alone). For those of you that don't realize the significance of this, it means that I think these ads are quite funny (it's not often I can actually use the term 'lol' and mean it!).
I laughed out loud at a total of 13 ads. The others were either not funny, or only semi-funny. If I had to pick only three to share, these would be them:
1.
It's good to sacrifice. But not cats.
2.
Jelly is made of people!
3.
LDSsingles.com

The others that made me laugh are:
Don't run with cookie cutters, Eye doctor has a crush on you, Families are forever, Be Gladys Knight, Who paints the floor?, Put it on. Join the Medieval Club, Somebody has an eating disorder, Modesty in all things, We can all be winners ... loser, and Anthrax.
Actually, there were only a very few that I found to be unfunny, and certainly none were vomit-inducing. I might just have to check out the next Divine Comedy show.

4 comments:

N.F. said...

Ouch for the one w/the cats.

Yarjka said...

"Don't shout knives and cleavers at your friends" was one of the few I found to be not funny. What am I missing here?

Krista said...

It's like "Sticky black tar. Don't pass it on." One of my favorites.

Also, I remembered to look. It was a good haircut. Hooray.

Th. said...

.

Finally....