Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chicago, here I come!

It's been a long time with no blog from me. Just a quick update from me here. I'll be going to Chicago at the end of this month for the annual IFT convention. I'll be staying with a friend for the three or four days that this goes on. Not only will this convention give me the chance to meet big name food industry professionals, but hopefully I'll be able to find some promising job opportunities in the Chicago area, since I'll be moving out there come December.

I have visited Chicago before. I was younger, perhaps 16? I can't recall ... I'm bad with that sort of thing. All I remember is that I had to fly out alone a day after my parents and family did, because I had to perform in a marching band competition. We flew to St. Louis, saw the arch, and then went to Chicago. At some point on the trip we saw all the church sites in the area (Nauvoo, Carthage, etc.). It was a very good trip, and I loved Chicago itself most of all. The tall buildings provided much shade and it was actually quite a beautiful city. Hopefully my memory isn't deceiving me, and the city is still amazing. I'll know for sure when I travel out there this month.

1 comment:

Zijjo said...

You're moving in December :(